Race Info - 9:00 AM Thanksgiving Morning
5K (3.1 mile) RACE/FAMILY WALK
The DASH is sure to get you into a thankful spirit as you and your family join us in feeding the hungry. Enjoy the music along our USA Track & Field certified route as the Drumstick DASH provides a fun, family-friendly, rain or shine Thanksgiving morning event. This year, the Rescue Mission will provide more than 300,000 meals to hungry families.
The award ceremony begins at 10:00 am on the Roanoke City Farmer’s Market. Awards go to the top three overall runners, male and female, top three in the Master’s Division (ages 40 and over), male and female and top 3 male and female in each age group. (One award per person)
Age Groups *
70 & Up
* Age groups based on your age as of November 24th, 2016.
Award for Winners of the team challenge
Participants of each group must be registered by midnight, November 18th. Group categories include:
Click on the Team Challenge Tab for more information on how easy it is to be part of a Team!!
Time and Results
ChampionChip Start and Finish Line Timing and computerized race results are provided by Queen City Timing Services.
FREE PARKING RACE DAY!!!! The following lots will be open and available on Race Day:
- All City Lots marked with the City of Roanoke Blue Logo "P"
- City Garages at Franklin & Williamson Rds and Church & Market Streets
- Carilion Community Hospital/Jefferson College Health Sciences Parking Garage - Williamson Road Entrance
- The Roanoke Civic Center Parking Lot (Just a short walk/jog to the start line)
PACKET/T-SHIRT PICKUP!!!! All days and times at the:
Roanoke Rescue Mission,
402 4th Street, SE, Roanoke, VA 24013
Main Entrance of the Mission
Monday, November 21st - 7am - 6pm
Tuesday, November 22nd - 7am - 6pm
Wednesday, November 23rd - 7am - 6pm
Race Day, Thursday, November 24th - 7am - 9am
***If you were not able to get your shirt by Race Morning at 9, there will be someone in the lobby of the Mission with shirts if you want to come back by after the race/walk. We will continue to have shirts in the lobby through Monday, December 5th.
Our 5K route is certified by USA Track & Field. It winds through downtown Roanoke, starting at Williamson and Franklin Roads and ends on the historic Roanoke City Market. It has been designed to insure maximum ease and safety on race/walk day. Enjoy music of all types stationed throughout the route. For route details and a map contact:
Celebration & Refreshments
There will be water stations for people and dogs offered along the course. After the Drumstick DASH, all are invited to a continental breakfast and awards ceremony at the finish line, compliments of our friends at SODEXO.
- If your family needs assistance with registration fees, please contact Uneita Mathews on or before November 14th at 540.777.7657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Runners, please note that because of safety concerns, if you want to bring your dog, you WILL NOT be able to be in the timed runner group.
- Walkers with dogs, we are asking this year that you keep your dogs close by you on short leashes. If they wander too far from you, leashes can become tangled around the feet and/or legs of other participants possibly causing injury.
Fleet Feet Sports would like to prepare you to walk or walk/run the DASH and perhaps make walking and/or running a part of your regular healthy routine! Follow the link below to learn more about all their training programs. www.fleetfeetroanoke.com/training